The most comfortable and relaxing way to get to the Alps.
Train travel is already an extremely popular choice and every year more and more skiers are converted to the benefits of travelling by train to the Alps. With so many different choices and so many resorts accessible by train, if you haven’t given it a go before why not?
What our clients are saying
"We returned last night from the ski holiday that you helped us to book up - and I just wanted to say thank you. It was great! The train was such a brilliant way to travel, much less stressful than driving or flying. All worked like clockwork, and joining the train at Ashford meant no problems with traffic or parking. Stopping at Lyon worked fine - although we already checking out the options for direct train travel for next year!"
- Arrive at the bottom of the mountain refreshed and well rested
- Travel overnight and get two extra days to hit the slopes
- Travel during the day and enjoy the beautiful views from the comfort of your seat
- The most environmentally friendly way to travel to the Alps
- Avoid the hefty airline charges for skis/boards and luggage
- Save money on the cost of a transfer from the airport
- Save time with short check in times and transfers to the resort.
The most popular choice, taking you directly from London St Pancras all the way to Bourg St Maurice. This option sells out in minutes for peak dates and is the most direct and simple way to access some top resorts including:
Les Arcs / La Plagne / Val D’Isere / Tignes / Three Valleys (Val Thorens, Les Menuires, St Martin de Belleville, Meribel, La Tania, Courchevel and Bride Les Bains) / La Rosiere
- The Day train departs London on Saturdays during the winter season
- The Night train departs on Friday evenings
- There is no couchette coach on this train, passengers remain in their seats
- A comfort pack is provided on the night service
- A bar-buffet with a choice of snacks, hot and cold drinks and meals are available for Standard Class
- Standard Premier Class are served complementary dinner/breakfast or lunch/afternoon tea depending on the train service being used
- Prices for adults range from £168-298 for Standard Class or £260-458 for Standard Premier Class*
- Children are aged 4-11 inclusive (on day of outbound travel) and prices range from £114-200 for Standard class or £210-370 for Standard Premier class*
- Children 3 and under (on day of outbound travel) are free of charge providing they do not occupy a seat.
* These are approximate prices and vary depending on availability. Please contact us for current availability and prices.
Timings and prices of train travel are subject to change. Advised check in time 60 minutes before departure.
|St Pancras International
||Bourg St Maurice
||Aime La Plagne*
|Aime La Plagne
|Bourg St Maurice
||St Pancras International
* The inbound service does not stop at Aime La Plagne, therefore passengers arriving into this station on their outbound journey commence their inbound journey from Bourg St Maurice.
Indirect Train Services
Many are put off this service due to the change in Paris, but we promise it is actually quite simple (see the video below if you don't believe us!).
Take the Eurostar to Paris then change stations to catch your connecting train to the Alps, an example of the resorts that can be accessed include:
Chamonix / Bourg St Maurice / Moutiers / Serre Chevalier / St Gervais / Montgenevre / Le Grand Bornand / Morzine / Tarantaise Valley / Maurienne Valley / Resorts close to Grenoble and Annecy
- Day or night services most days of the week
- Excellent option for short stays
- Get a good night’s sleep on an overnight service in reclining seats or couchettes on the Corail Lunea service
- Cross Paris via a pre-booked taxi or by the Metro or RER train services (ask Erna Low for details)
- Tickets can be booked 90 days before the return travel date.
View our handy train journey planner here »
Swiss Train Services
Rail travel in Switzerland runs like clockwork, and has so many advantages, including the following:
- Children under 16 travel free of charge when travelling with an adult in possession of a Swiss Transfer Ticket
- Easy, direct, fast and convenient travel to all Swiss resorts from Zurich, Geneva, and Basel airports
- Reliable, prompt and regular services.
For clients flying into and staying in Switzerland the Swiss Transfer Ticket is a popular product and ideal for winter travellers. It is a return ticket covering transfers from airport or border station to any destination in Switzerland and back. Each journey must be completed on dates of validation. Tickets are valid for one month and cost approximately £93 p/p for 2nd class or £149 p/p for 1st class (children aged 6-15yrs are £47/£75 respectively).
Austrian Train Services
Erna Low are now able to book train services from the UK to Austrian resorts including Zell am See, Kitzbuhel or Hopfgarten. The service includes an later afternoon train from London to Paris, followed by a City Night Line service overnight to Woergl and from there either a train if your resort permits it or a taxi to the resort.
For information and prices please contact the Erna Low administration team.
How to Book Train Travel
- For up to date prices on all rail travel options please contact the office on 0207 584 2841 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your enquiry and we will be happy to supply this information.
- Prices are subject to availability; once we have received your enquiry we will check availability and prices for you. In most circumstances we are able to hold an option on these prices for a short while.
- Please note a booking fee of £10 per person will be charged per return journey. Once booked tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable.
- To book your train travel we will require each passenger’s full passport name and children’s ages at the time of outbound travel. We will also require card details to take full payment as soon as we confirm your booking.