Ski accommodation in Tignes-Val d’Isère
With 300km of high-altitude snow-sure slopes set in the Tarentaise Valley of Savoie, the Tignes-Val d’Isère ski area is a blast of Alpine fresh air for anyone fortunate enough to visit.
The two main resorts here are the world-famous Val d’Isère and Tignes and they incorporate a number of superb satellite villages which further enhance the magic in this charming snow-capped constellation.
With supportive ski schools, ample nursery slopes, great green runs, cruisey blues and thrilling black and off-piste runs, plus off-slope entertainment for kids of all ages and lively après-ski for gourmets and party animals, it’s easy to create a customised experience here that suits every type of group.
And since a crucial contributory factor in an excellent Tignes-Val d’Isère holiday is selecting the ideal accommodation that suits you and your fellow travelers down to your snow boots, Erna Low always has a huge choice of outstanding options on offer.
From contemporary apartment complexes with in-house saunas and gyms to charming chalets crafted in authentic Alpine style and high-quality hotels where the hospitality is legendary, the options are endless.
We’ll help you find the best value and quality accommodation possible in Tignes-Val d’Isère because when your base is comfortable, you’re always set up for a spectacular day on the slopes!
Ski Chalets in Tignes-Val d’Isère
The beauty of booking a ski chalet in Tignes-Val d’Isère is that it’s designed to be a home from home for the duration of your visit. Modern ski chalets might vary from the traditional wood-built chocolate box chalets you’re familiar with (particularly in their exterior design), but they’re always constructed with comfort and convenience in mind.
For instance, your self-catering studio-style accommodation here might have an open plan design featuring a kitchenette where you can prepare meals and snacks (or simply share out delicious food you’ve ordered in!), a flip-down double bed, a single daybed and a sofa bed. This space-saving design is ideal for a small family but different adaptations (for instance, with mezzanine floors) can comfortably accommodate larger family groups.
Alternatively, a chalet interior which follows the original Alpine blueprint has comfortable private bedrooms (often with en suite bathrooms or shower rooms) set around a central living room which is a space dedicated entirely to group socialising ̶ plush chalet living rooms might even have a cosy fireplace you can gather around in the evening to share stories of your adventures on the slopes over a hot chocolate! If you’re not sure which style suits you best, here are a couple of examples:
● If you’re looking for a modern accommodation in Val d’Isère, Chalet Skadi is a superb choice. Named after the Norse goddess of winter and mountains with stylish soft furnishings and stone, the wood and tile features of its chic yet comfortable interior are the epitome of Scandi cool. You’ll wake up each morning to majestic mountain views, you’re a snowball’s throw away from the pistes, there’s Wi-Fi throughout and a sublime spa where you can swim and enjoy a cathartic sauna or hammam session. Family-friendly chalets here are available in two- or four-bedroom incarnations, which sleep between four and six people in perfect comfort.
● Les Chalets de Solaise are another savvy accommodation option in Val d’Isère, based on the open-plan style. Conveniently located in the centre of the resort and close to restaurants, shops and slopes, you can take a leisurely stroll to the boulangerie in the morning to pick up your freshly baked baguette or pain au chocolat, enjoy a lip-smacking meal at a nearby restaurant whenever the mood takes you and easily access the 300km of pristine powder that’s on your doorstep in Tignes-Val d’Isère. This residence has private parking and are family- and pet-friendly ̶ so if you’re planning an extended break (and have the relevant documentation) you can even bring your pooch!
As you can see, if comfort, convenience and privacy are priorities, choosing a ski chalet in Tignes-Val d’Isère is definitely recommended. But chalet style accommodation is by no means the only accommodation types on offer here ̶ read on for even more diverse and flexible choices.
Ski apartments in Tignes-Val d’Isère
The well-designed ski apartments you’ll find in Tignes-Val d’Isère feel just as comfortable and expansive as chalets and they’re available to satisfy groups of any size and requirements. Some ski apartments are in duplex style whereas others are housed in a larger complex, but they’re all designed to ensure you have the most enjoyable ski and snowsports experience possible.
Again, apartments are usually open plan, kitchenettes and lounge areas incorporated in the same large space. If you’re travelling in a larger group of family and friends, you might prefer the greater privacy afforded by a larger apartment or a combination of different types, but the choice is entirely yours. As well as doorstep skiing, some apartment complexes in Tignes-Val d’Isère have in-house restaurants, as well as spas and saunas, therefore you and your family can enjoy hotel-style facilities with the advantage of a larger, self-contained living space. To help you choose, here are a few fantastic accommodation options available:
● L’Altaviva in Tignes 1800 is a trusted Tignes accommodation option with ski-in/ski-out access, 143 smoke-free guestrooms, a free children’s club, pool and restaurant and amazing views down the valley. The Brévières and Boisses ski lifts are nearby. When you’re in need of rest and recuperation after an exciting but tiring day on the Tignes-Val d’Isère pistes, you’ve got free access to the luxurious Pure spa, which has a hot tub, sauna and swimming pool. One, two- and three-bedroom suites are available at Comfort and Superior standards and they can sleep between four and 8 persons.
● If you like the sound of ski-in, ski-out accommodation bang in the middle of the Rosset area of Tignes Le Lac, Le Taos Apartment Suites tick every box. These suites are named after the iconic Native American Taos Pueblo community in New Mexico, and the delightful décor is designed to match this theme, with adobe-style walls and natural leather, mica and feather features. You’re close to the resort’s amenities and facilities here, there’s direct access to the Lavachet piste and the Paquis chairlift is also close by. Gaze out of the luxury bow windows and you’ll enjoy inspirational views of the Grand Sassière and Aiguille Percée, while you can relax in the onsite pool, sauna and hammam to recover from those tiring yet exhilarating days on the slopes. Apartments are available with 1-3 bedrooms which can sleep 2-7 people, bedrooms are blissfully comfy and living areas are ideal for laid-back leisure. Add Wi-Fi throughout and a quality in-house restaurant, and there’s really everything you need under one roof here!
● Le Kalinda apartment complex is located in Tignes 1800 and it’s highly rated by Erna Low customers. In a prime position in the new pedestrianised area in the middle of the village, it is found between the church and the newly instated novice area at the bottom of the spanking new Boisses cable car. Tignes 1800 is one of the quieter villages in Tignes-Val d’Isère making it ideal for families with young children or couples yearning for a serene romantic getaway. The complex is crafted in traditional style with wood and stone and boasts 167 four star luxury apartments offering breath-taking mountain views and in terms of amenities, you’ll enjoy free access to the salubrious Ô des Cimes Spa, which has a kids swimming pool, private indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub and gym. All apartments are furnished to a fabulously high standard and have satellite TV, phone, Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen and an exquisitely designed open plan living area. Apartments are available with 1-4 bedrooms which can sleep anywhere between two and 8 guests.
● Over in Val d’Isère, Les Balcons de Bellevarde is a functional accommodation option in La Daille. The resort has been awarded the ‘Family Plus’ seal of approval, which should put your mind at ease if you’re travelling with kids in tow. All apartments are warm and cosy, with terrific tactile wood features and warm autumnal colours, balconies and large windows which maximise natural light and create a light, airy ambience. Shops are just 100km away, and the Children’s Village is also within reasonably easy reach on the very efficient free shuttle bus service. All apartments have generously proportioned open-plan living areas and kitchenettes with all the mod cons. Studio options efficiently integrate a sleeping area in the living room, but apartments are also available with 1-2 bedrooms and the capacity for all is between 4-7 occupants.
Apartments in Tignes-Val d’Isère can blend the exclusivity of a chalet with the convenience and conviviality of a hotel, which strikes just the right balance for family groups. However, there are also several super hotel options too ̶ more of which next!
Ski Hotels in Tignes-Val d’Isère
With staff on site to satisfy your every desire and on-site facilities like spas and restaurants, Tignes-Val d’Isère hotels are your first choice when you want to be pampered in pristine surroundings.
Hotels were the original accommodation provision all across the Alps and they’re still wellsprings of the warm hospitality and expert customer service which have become calling cards for this region worldwide. If you’re not sure which hotel to pick, let’s take a look at a few attractive options:
● When you’re looking for family-friendly accommodation with more facilities than you can shake a ski stick at, head straight for the popular Hotel Village Montana in Tignes. Handily located close to the nursery slopes and with easy access to the entire network of pistes for skiers of all abilities, the chic interior design of rooms and communal areas charmingly combines traditional Alpine and quirky contemporary styles. The restaurant cuisine is similarly eclectic, with a selection of French favourites infused with fantastic flavours from every corner of the Earth, while the spa here has a heated outdoor swimming pool where you can splash around in complete comfort while snowflakes flutter down from the mountains above. Optional additional extras available for a fee include covered parking, a laundry service and provision for pets (by prior arrangement and provided all the necessary paperwork is in order). Standard and superior family rooms are available, with satellite TV, telephone and Wi-Fi throughout.
● Last but not least, Hotel Le Taos offers the same American West style and ambience as the aforementioned Le Taos Apartment Suites, therefore comfort and convenience are standard and the central location is hard to beat. Duo, Superior Duo, Junior and Family suites are available, as well as a luxe Duo Suite with sauna.
When you want to unwind in comfort and like the reassurance of plenty of facilities at your accommodation, Tignes-Val d’Isère hotels are a very wise choice and it’s evident that there’s an excellent choice of diverse options here.
Selecting your ideal Tignes-Val d’Isère accommodation
You can see that Tignes-Val d’Isère has something to offer every type of visitor ̶ from serious snowsports fanatics who would happily spend all day and night on (and off) the pistes to enthusiastic intermediates looking to build their confidence while having fun, and from groups of friends for whom après-ski activities are as important as skiing or snowboarding to families taking to the slopes for the first time together.
But the beauty of booking a Tignes-Val d’Isère ski holiday with Erna Low is that all of our staff are passionate winter sports enthusiasts who can make personal recommendations about choosing accommodation that suits every member of your group. First and foremost, you need somewhere comfortable to stay that suits your taste and meets the unique needs of every group member. But in order to maximise your enjoyment, you also need easy access to the type of pistes that suit your style and ability. From arranging accommodation that suits you to a tee, to securing your ski equipment hire and sending out your passes before you go so you have total peace of mind, we can create a customised holiday where you enjoy every minute.
For first-rate ski accommodation in Tignes-Val d’Isère and anywhere else in the French Alps, trust Erna Low for the personal touch.
Overview of Ski Accommodation in the Tignes-Val d’Isere Aki Area
Check our guides below