Ski accommodation in Espace Killy
With 300km of high-altitude snow-sure slopes set in the Tarentaise Valley of Savoie, the Espace Killy ski area is a blast of Alpine fresh air for anyone fortunate enough to visit.
The two main resorts here are the world-famous Val d’Isère and Tignes and they incorporate a number of superb satellite villages which further enhance the magic in this charming snow-capped constellation.
With supportive ski schools, ample nursery slopes, great green runs, cruisey blues and thrilling black and off-piste runs, plus off-slope entertainment for kids of all ages and lively après-ski for gourmets and party animals, it’s easy to create a customised experience here that suits every type of group.
And since a crucial contributory factor in an excellent Espace Killy holiday is selecting the ideal accommodation that suits you and your fellow travellers down to your snow boots, Erna Low always has a huge choice of outstanding options on offer.
From contemporary apartment complexes with in-house saunas and gyms to charming chalets crafted in authentic Alpine style and high-quality hotels where the hospitality is legendary, the options are endless.
We’ll help you find the best value and quality accommodation possible in Espace Killy, because when your base is comfortable, you’re always set up for a spectacular day on the slopes!
Ski chalets in Espace Killy
The beauty of booking a ski chalet in Espace Killy is that it’s designed to be a home from home for the duration of your visit. Modern ski chalets might vary from the traditional wood-built chocolate box chalets you’re familiar with (particularly in their exterior design), but they’re always constructed with comfort and convenience in mind.
For instance, your self-catering studio-style accommodation here might have an open plan design featuring a kitchenette where you can prepare meals and snacks (or simply share out delicious food you’ve ordered in!), a flip-down double bed, a single daybed and a sofa bed. This space-saving design is ideal for a small family but different adaptations (for instance, with mezzanine floors) can comfortably accommodate larger family groups.
Alternatively, a chalet interior which follows the original Alpine blueprint has comfortable private bedrooms (often with en suite bathrooms or shower rooms) set around a central living room which is a space dedicated entirely to group socialising ̶ plush chalet living rooms might even have a cosy fireplace you can gather around in the evening to share stories of your adventures on the slopes over a hot chocolate! If you’re not sure which style suits you best, here are a couple of examples:
● If you’re looking for a modern accommodation in Val d’Isère, Chalet Skadi is a superb choice. Named after the Norse goddess of winter and mountains with stylish soft furnishings and stone, the wood and tile features of its chic yet comfortable interior are the epitome of Scandi cool. You’ll wake up each morning to majestic mountain views, you’re a snowball’s throw away from the pistes, there’s Wi-Fi throughout and a sublime spa where you can swim and enjoy a cathartic sauna or hammam session. Family-friendly chalets here are available in two- or four-bedroom incarnations, which sleep between four and six people in perfect comfort.
● Les Chalets de Solaise are another savvy accommodation option in Val d’Isère, based on the open-plan style. Conveniently located in the centre of the resort and close to restaurants, shops and slopes, you can take a leisurely stroll to the boulangerie in the morning to pick up your freshly baked baguette or pain au chocolat, enjoy a lip-smacking meal at a nearby restaurant whenever the mood takes you and easily access the 300km of pristine powder that’s on your doorstep in Espace Killy. This residence has private parking and are family- and pet-friendly ̶ so if you’re planning an extended break (and have the relevant documentation) you can even bring your pooch!
As you can see, if comfort, convenience and privacy are priorities, choosing a ski chalet in Espace Killy is definitely recommended. But chalet style accommodation is by no means the only accommodation types on offer here ̶ read on for even more diverse and flexible choices.
Ski apartments in Espace Killy
The well-designed ski apartments you’ll find in Espace Killy feel just as comfortable and expansive as chalets and they’re available to satisfy groups of any size and requirements. Some ski apartments are in duplex style whereas others are housed in a larger complex, but they’re all designed to ensure you have the most enjoyable ski and snowsports experience possible.
Again, apartments are usually open plan, kitchenettes and lounge areas incorporated in the same large space. If you’re travelling in a larger group of family and friends, you might prefer the greater privacy afforded by a larger apartment or a combination of different types, but the choice is entirely yours. As well as doorstep skiing, some apartment complexes in Espace Killy have in-house restaurants, as well as spas and saunas, therefore you and your family can enjoy hotel-style facilities with the advantage of a larger, self-contained living space. To help you choose, here are a few fantastic accommodation options available:
● L’Altaviva in Tignes 1800 is a trusted Tignes accommodation option with ski-in/ski-out access, 143 smoke-free guestrooms, a free children’s club, pool and restaurant and amazing views down the valley. The Brévières and Boisses ski lifts are nearby. When you’re in need of rest and recuperation after an exciting but tiring day on the Espace Killy pistes, you’ve got free access to the luxurious Pure spa, which has a hot tub, sauna and swimming pool. One, two- and three-bedroom suites are available at Comfort and Superior standards and they can sleep between four and 8 persons.
● If you like the sound of ski-in, ski-out accommodation bang in the middle of the Rosset area of Tignes Le Lac, Le Taos Apartment Suites tick every box. These suites are named after the iconic Native American Taos Pueblo community in New Mexico, and the delightful décor is designed to match this theme, with adobe-style walls and natural leather, mica and feather features. You’re close to the resort’s amenities and facilities here, there’s direct access to the Lavachet piste and the Paquis chairlift is also close by. Gaze out of the luxury bow windows and you’ll enjoy inspirational views of the Grand Sassière and Aiguille Percée, while you can relax in the onsite pool, sauna and hammam to recover from those tiring yet exhilarating days on the slopes. Apartments are available with 1-3 bedrooms which can sleep 2-7 people, bedrooms are blissfully comfy and living areas are ideal for laid-back leisure. Add Wi-Fi throughout and a quality inhouse restaurant, and there’s really everything you need under one roof here!
● Le Kalinda apartment complex is located in Tignes 1800 and it’s highly rated by Erna Low customers. In a prime position in the new pedestrianised area in the middle of the village, it is found between the church and the newly instated novice area at the bottom of the spanking new Boisses cable car. Tignes 1800 is one of the quieter villages in Espace Killy, making it ideal for families with young children or couples yearning for a serene romantic getaway. The complex is crafted in traditional style with wood and stone and boasts 167 four star luxury apartments offering breath-taking mountain views and in terms of amenities, you’ll enjoy free access to the salubrious Ô des Cimes Spa, which has a kids swimming pool, private indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub and gym. All apartments are furnished to a fabulously high standard and have satellite TV, phone, Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen and an exquisitely designed open plan living area. Apartments are available with 1-4 bedrooms which can sleep anywhere between two and 8 guests.
● Over in Val d’Isère, Les Balcons de Bellevarde is a functional accommodation option in La Daille. The resort has been awarded the ‘Family Plus’ seal of approval, which should put your mind at ease if you’re travelling with kids in tow. All apartments are warm and cosy, with terrific tactile wood features and warm autumnal colours, balconies and large windows which maximise natural light and create a light, airy ambience. Shops are just 100km away, and the Children’s Village is also within reasonably easy reach on the very efficient free shuttle bus service. All apartments have generously proportioned open-plan living areas and kitchenettes with all the mod cons. Studio options efficiently integrate a sleeping area in the living room, but apartments are also available with 1-2 bedrooms and the capacity for all is between 4-7 occupants.
Apartments in Espace Killy can blend the exclusivity of a chalet with the convenience and conviviality of a hotel, which strikes just the right balance for family groups. However, there are also several super hotel options too ̶ more of which next!
Ski hotels in Espace Killy
With staff on site to satisfy your every desire and on-site facilities like spas and restaurants, Espace Killy hotels are your first choice when you want to be pampered in pristine surroundings.
Hotels were the original accommodation provision all across the Alps and they’re still wellsprings of the warm hospitality and expert customer service which have become calling cards for this region worldwide. If you’re not sure which hotel to pick, let’s take a look at a few attractive options:
● When you’re looking for family-friendly accommodation with more facilities than you can shake a ski stick at, head straight for the popular Hotel Village Montana in Tignes. Handily located close to the nursery slopes and with easy access to the entire network of pistes for skiers of all abilities, the chic interior design of rooms and communal areas charmingly combines traditional Alpine and quirky contemporary styles. The restaurant cuisine is similarly eclectic, with a selection of French favourites infused with fantastic flavours from every corner of the Earth, while the spa here has a heated outdoor swimming pool where you can splash around in complete comfort while snowflakes flutter down from the mountains above. Optional additional extras available for a fee include covered parking, a laundry service and provision for pets (by prior arrangement and provided all the necessary paperwork is in order). Standard and superior family rooms are available, with satellite TV, telephone and Wi-Fi throughout.
● Last but not least, Hotel Le Taos offers the same American West style and ambience as the aforementioned Le Taos Apartment Suites, therefore comfort and convenience are standard and the central location is hard to beat. Duo, Superior Duo, Junior and Family suites are available, as well as a luxe Duo Suite with sauna.
When you want to unwind in comfort and like the reassurance of plenty of facilities at your accommodation, Espace Killy hotels are a very wise choice and it’s evident that there’s an excellent choice of diverse options here.
Facilities and amenities in Espace Killy
Espace Killy has a fantastic range of on and off-piste facilities that enable a fulfilling winter holiday experience for every type of guest and group, so whether you’re seeking excitement, entertainment or rest, you’ll find it all here.
In and around Tignes, you can take part in everything from ice diving to bungee jumping, as well as slightly more sedate activities like ice skating, ten-pin bowling and the cinema. You’ll find local shops selling mouth-watering pastries and sweet treats, supermarkets for stocking up on household goods if you’ve opted for a self-catering accommodation and restaurants serving everything from succulent burgers to haute cuisine. Ski lessons are provided by New Generation, ESF and others, and alternative snow-based activities include husky racing and tobogganing. If there are snowboarders in your group, the snow park here has a range of rails and kickers to suit all abilities.
Val d’Isère has its own unique attractions and you’ll find everything from wild après-ski here to fun family activities. You can dance away at iconic venues like La Folie Douce and Doudoune Club, while restaurants like Les Marmottes, Les Tufs and L’Edelweiss serve everything from traditional Savoyard fare to freshly baked pizza and tasty cheese boards. You’ll find regular supermarkets and convenience stores in Val d’Isère, but this is also the place to make a beeline for when you need a little high-end retail therapy because it boasts several exclusive boutiques and designer emporiums. Oxygène and ESF ski schools operate here, and Val Kids is a ground-breaking programme which takes youngsters behind the scenes of the resort and allows them to learn about the roles of key staff members and teams, through a range of fun on-piste activities.
Selecting your ideal Espace Killy accommodation
You can see that Espace Killy has something to offer every type of visitor ̶ from serious snowsports fanatics who would happily spend all day and night on (and off) the pistes to enthusiastic intermediates looking to build their confidence while having fun, and from groups of friends for whom après-ski activities are as important as skiing or snowboarding to families taking to the slopes for the first time together.
But the beauty of booking an Espace Killy ski holiday with Erna Low is that all of our staff are passionate winter sports enthusiasts who can make personal recommendations about choosing accommodation that suits every member of your group. First and foremost, you need somewhere comfortable to stay that suits your taste and meets the unique needs of every group member. But in order to maximise your enjoyment, you also need easy access to the type of pistes that suit your style and ability. From arranging accommodation that suits you to a tee, to securing your ski equipment hire and sending out your passes before you go so you have total peace of mind, we can create a customised holiday where you enjoy every minute.
For first-rate ski accommodation in Espace Killy and anywhere else in the French Alps, trust Erna Low for the personal touch.
Overview of Ski Accommodation in the Espace Killy Ski Area
Check our guides below
La Ferme du Val Claret
La Ferme du Val Claret apartments are ideally situated 200m from the resort centre, in front of the Tichot ski lift and just 100m from the funicular. Clients staying in this residence have access to the spa area including indoor heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and fitness training room in the residence CGH ''Le Nevada'' (approx 200m from the residence). A fresh bakery delivery service can be organised and paid for locally.
Kalinda Village apartments is modern and luxurious accommodation located in Tignes 1800. The residence is set up as its own self-contained village with the 132 apartments and 6 chalets all located close to shops and other amenities. The residence boasts 2 pools one for children and another exclusively for adults to relax and unwind, hot tub, sauna, steam room and fitness centre.
Le Nevada ski apartments are located in 4 connected chalets which are ideally situated in Val Claret centre, close to the shops and approximately 150m from the slopes. Facilities include an indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms and a fitness training room free for guests and spa treatments are also available, payable locally. A lounge with open fireplace is available for guests within reception hours and a fresh bakery delivery service can be organised and paid for locally.
Le Lodge des Neiges
Le Lodge des Neiges in Tignes 1800 is a newly built residence with great ski-in, ski out access on the blue Mélèzes piste and close to the new 8 seater Les Boisses chair lift. The modern apartments are the perfect place to relax in after a day on the slopes and the reception area has a cosy seating area with fireplace. Guests will enjoy the 1000m² pool and spa area with heated indoor pool and separate children’s pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room and cardio room. The Ô des Cîmes spa will also offer massages and fabulous beauty treatments which are payable locally. A fresh bakery delivery service can be organised to kick start your day on the mountains. For evening entertainment, board games, fondue sets and raclette sets can be borrowed from reception.
Le Telemark ski apartments are lovely and cosy, with a great location at the entrance of Tignes Le Lac approximately 10 minutes walk from the centre. They offer ski in/ski out* access via the piste ‘Le Bleuet’ and the nearby Chaudannes and Paquis chairlift. Le Telemark features a spa with heated indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms and a cardio training room (free of charge), as well as beauty treatments (payable locally). A lounge with open fireplace is available to guests in reception hours and a fresh bakery delivery service can be organised and paid for locally. Due to the traditional design of the chalet some apartments may be under the eaves. *Please note there is an option to walk across the turning circle and take a path to Le Bluet. Beginner skiers and boarders may find the ski in/ski out access difficult. We recommend beginners with ski school in Tignes Le Lac take the resort shuttle bus from the main road to the village centre until they are confident on chair lifts and blue runs.
Le Jhana enjoys a great location in Tignes Val Claret, close to ski lifts and shops. The residence offers a lounge area with fireplace during reception hours for guests use. While those seeking spa relaxation will find free access available to the indoor heated swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms and fitness centres located in nearby CGH residences Le Nevada and Le Telemark. Massages and treatments are also available in any of these Le Jhana ski apartments (payable locally). A fresh bakery delivery service can be organised and paid for locally.
Grande Motte ski apartments are less than 20m from the shopping centre in Val Claret and 250m from the ski lifts. There are 110 basic apartments in a 9 storey building with 2 lifts. There is a luggage room, ski locker, table tennis and a pool table (charge payable) and the residence features a private swimming pool. Sunday arrivals are also possible throughout the season.
L'Ecrin des Neiges
L'Ecrin des Neiges ski apartments are located at the entrance to Val Claret, near all the resort facilities and approximately 200m from the ski lifts. A bakery delivery service can be organised and paid for at reception. Please note that as these apartments have been built in a traditional style, some apartments on the higher floors may have sloping ceilings and the windows in some of the larger apartments may not have exterior access.
Residence Village Montana Tignes
The popular Residence Village Montana Tignes ski apartment complex is built from traditional Alpine stone and is located in a sunny corner of Tignes Le Lac. Many of the apartments offer doorstep skiing, for others you may have to walk up a few steps to the piste (please note access depends on snow conditions in resort).
This four-star residence is situated in Tignes 1800, built overlooking the slopes with ski in/out access. The residence features a restaurant with stunning views from the large terrace. The reception lounge has a homely feel with a fireplace and different areas for children and teenagers to entertain themselves.
Residence Montana Planton
Fantastically located at the foot of the slopes and near to the resort centre, Montana Planton offers easy access to the slopes of the Espace Killy.
Residence Montana Airelles
Constructed in a traditional Savoyard style using wood and stone, Montana Airelles boasts a superb location. Situated next to the ski lifts in Tignes Le Lac, the residence boasts ski-in/ski-out access and is just 100m from the resort centre.
Hotel Village Montana
The Hotel Village Montana is a lovely 4* hotel built from traditional Alpine stone. It is located in a great sunny position in Tignes Le Lac and benefits from direct access to the ski slopes of the Val d'Isère and Tignes. All bedrooms are designed and equipped for families for up to 4 persons (3 adults maximum), with a separate corner for children (two bunk beds). The hotel prices are on a half board basis (hot & cold buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner) with free use of the spa and swimming pool.
Hotel Les Suites du Montana
Situated in the quiet and sunny area of Les Almes, the luxurious and charming Hotel Les Suites du Montana ski accommodation is located at the foot of the slopes for easy access to the pistes of the Espace Killy. The hotel is presented as its own charming hamlet, comprised of five Savoyard chalets containing 27 spacious suites. Each suite incorporates a warm alpine décor, inspired by the Savoie and the mountains on your doorstep. Your very own private sauna and Jacuzzi in each apartment will ensure that you can truly relax after a day on the slopes.
Le Taos Apartment Suites
Le Taos ski accommodation in Tignes offers an innovative and stylish residence boasting of charm, style and quality. Inspired by the culture and spirit of Taos, New Mexico, the residence’s earthly, homely décor ensures a welcoming environment in the heart of Tignes Le Lac.
Hotel Le Taos
Hotel Le Taos ski accommodation is Inspired by the spirit and culture of New Mexico, this innovative and unique hotel boasts charm, convenience and easy access to the slopes. Situated in the Rosset area of Tignes Le Lac, the Hotel Le Taos enjoys direct access to the Lavachet piste and is just a stone’s throw from the Paquis chairlift. In fact, the hotel derives its name from the town of Taos which translates to ‘close to the lake’. The soul of Taos can be felt throughout the hotel; it boasts an earthly, homely décor successfully complemented by a selection of fantastic facilities and superb views of the surrounding mountains.
Le Hameau du Borsat
In the heart of the Savoy in the French Alps the Residence le Hameau du Borsat overlooks the unique ski resort of in the famous Espace Killy ski area. This Odalys residence offers ski holiday rentals in Tignes only 200m from the ski lifts in the village of Val Claret.
Les Chalets du Jardin Alpin
This high quality residence is located in the tranquil La Legettaz area of Val d’Isère and is extremely popular with NUCO Travel guests. Situated at the foot of the Solaise Massif, and with direct access to the slopes, Les Chalets du Jardin Alpin ski apartments offers a great location from which to explore the epic Val d'Isère/Tignes ski area. The residence is well serviced by a free shuttle bus to the resort centre and the main street is approximately 800m away.
Les Balcons de Bellevarde
Les Balcons de Bellevarde ski apartments face the slopes in La Daille and are just 200m from the funicular which links this part of the resort directly with the Val d’Isère/Tignes ski area. They are also close to the shops and restaurants of La Daille. Val d’Isère town centre is easily reached by the free shuttle bus. All apartments have south or south-east facing balconies benefitting from full sun (weather permitting!)
Next door to the Bellevarde apartments, the Residence La Daille Ski Apartments face the slopes and are just 200m from the funicular which links this part of the resort directly with the renowned Espace Killy ski area. They are close to shops and restaurants of La Daille. Val d’Isère town centre is easily reached by the free ski bus. There is also an ESF desk (independently managed) open on Saturdays during busy periods.
Les Chalets de Solaise
Known locally as P&V Centre, Les Chalets de Solaise Ski accommodation is popular due to its great location close to the centre of Val d’Isère, with all the shops and nightlife. Within the residence, there is an outdoor free heated swimming pool, fitness room and sauna, billiards and laundrette (payable locally).
Chalet Izia is a luxurious and cosy residence with a mountain view in Val d’Isere. The décor has combined a contemporary design with a cosy atmosphere of old wood. The great ski-in and ski-out location of Chalet Izia will allow you to reach the slopes directly. Close to the Chalet there is easy access to the Kids Village (nursery and kindergarten) and to "Rond Point des Pistes" (chair lifts and gondolas as well as ski school meeting points).
The Chalet Skadi ski apartments are really popular with our regular clients. These upmarket apartments were built in contemporary mountain style using locally sourced wood and stone, and the mountain views are simply stunning. After a hard days skiing, guests can relax either in their sumptous apartment, at the gorgeous spa and/or take a dip in the fabulous indoor swimming pool. They can also take advantage of the steam room or sauna or have facial and body treatments by Cinq Mondes.