Self-Drive Ski Holidays
Here at Erna Low we are self-drive ski holiday experts – we’ve been arranging driving ski holidays since they became popular. Our friendly team has the knowledge and experience to help you plan the perfect route and ski trip.
Driving to a ski holiday is not just a low cost way to travel; it can also be a wonderful way of extending your holiday and visiting more European destinations. The average journey time to Alps ski resorts is between 8 – 10 hours and most of the journey takes place via an excellent network of motorways.
Benefits of a Self-Drive Ski Holiday
- Can be cheaper than flying, especially if you have your own ski equipment
- Travel when you want to – at your own pace
- Stop along the way, visiting other locations
- Arrive at your resort, no need for expensive transfers
- Travel in your own vehicle
- Read more about driving to the alps
Crossing the Channel
We recommend using the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle which departs from Folkestone and travels under the channel to Calais. The Eurotunnel runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and the journey time is just 35 minutes!
The Eurotunnel is quick and easy – simply drive into the terminal and when your train is ready you’ll be called to a platform. To board the train you simply drive onto the train, park and wait for the journey to start. Most people stay in their cars for the whole journey – before you know it you’ll have made the crossing.
Eurotunnel Flexiplus includes:
- Priority boarding
- Flexible arrival and departure times
- Free access to the ‘Flexiplus’ lounge
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments
- First on / First off – beat the queues and get on the road faster!
To book your Eurotunnel crossing with Erna Low select ‘extras’ in the booking process – this will provide you with the option to add this to your holiday package.If you want to add a Eurotunnel crossing to your holiday or if you have any questions call us on 0207 584 2841.