Work for Erna Low
Working for Erna Low
Erna Low is a great place to work - the company is one of the most established UK ski holiday tour operators with over 80 years' experience and has a fascinating history. Our founder and namesake was responsible for many ground-breaking innovations that helped shape the ski holiday as it is today. Our office, which sits in a lovely mews in South Kensington, is a celebration of our history and is full of ski memorabilia and vintage posters, with a fabulous ski mural on the outside of the building.
The Erna Low team is a friendly and sociable group of passionate skiers and snowboarders, who get immense satisfaction from providing an exceptional holiday experience for our clients. Head to our Meet The Team section to learn more about the team and what we do, or visit our History section to read a little more about the events and achievements that made our company what it is.
We offer competitive salaries and a benefits package including the following:
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket and gym membership loans
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel discounts
- Travel insurance
- Educational trips
- Team social events
ERNA LOW OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable Operations Assistant to join our small team based in South Kensington, London. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or ex-seasonnaire looking to start their career in the UK Travel Industry, as you will gain experience in all aspects of the company. You will need to be able to work efficiently and independently, learn new tasks quickly and have a keen eye for detail. The position is full time until April 2020 and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about skiing and / or snowboarding
- Have a good working knowledge of the French Alps
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail
- Be able to prioritise their own work load and work well under pressure
- Have proven customer service skills, both over the phone and in writing.
This role would require you to undertake (but is not limited to) the specific tasks shown below:
- Managing the availability of accommodation in the reservation system by stopping, opening and amending allocations as required.
- Running accommodation booking reconciliations and weekly accommodation arrival reports.
- Booking and running weekly reports for taxi transfers, ski hire, ski passes and ski school
- Issuing client tickets and ski passes
- Loading special offers in the reservations system and on the website
- Updating information and images on the website
- Maintaining travel bookings including Eurotunnel crossings, ferry crossings, trains and car hire
- Maintaining good supplier relations and dealing with any issues as they arise.
- Actively selling ski extras to clients.
- You will also be the first person responsible for any overflow of incoming sales calls and will be included in our winter sales rota.
- General office administration including daily post.
Your normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm and a sales rota will be in place which will include working one in four Saturdays on average.
The salary is competitive and perks include discounted ski holidays and extras, season ticket loans. We are members of the Ride2Work Scheme.
If this sounds like the role for you then please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Follow us on Facebook to be the first to hear about any future vacancies.