Joanna Yellowlees-Bound, a graduate of Oxford University, will have been with Erna Low for 30 years this year and on Miss Low's retirement in 1994, became her Partner and Managing Director of the company. Joanna feels privileged to have learnt tour operating direct from Miss Low - the Doyenne of the travel industry - and it is her mission to continue to promote the hallmark of the Erna Low holiday into the 21st century - 'quality' holidays at affordable prices for the discerning traveller. Joanna is married to a maritime archaeologist and has 3 sons.
Meet the team
Jane initially thought about doing a ski season in the French Alps which extended to 4 years until she returned to the UK to get a proper job and started to work for Erna Low. She is now the Managing Director of the Erna Low Ski and Summer Collections. Married to Karl and proud Mum of Emily and Harry, she is delighted that they both seem to love skiing as much as she does.
A few facts about Jane
- Skier/snowboarder - Skier
- Number of seasons - 4 a long old time ago. Les Menuires, Courchevel, Notre Dame de Bellecombe, Valloire
- Number of resorts visited - 110(ish) at last count
- My top 5 resorts - Zermatt, Chamonix, Val d'Isere, Aspen and Ortesei
- Next on the list - Sainte Foy
- Favourite non-ski destination - The Maldives & Galapagos Islands
- Other interests - Cycling and long country walks. Scuba diving. Oh and champagne.
Sharon has been with Erna Low for 20 years and is now Accounts Manager. Having witnessed many changes over this period, a fully computerised accounts system has ensured Sharon's smooth and efficient management of the company's financial structure.
John initially joined Erna Low in the Administration department and, after leaving the company to do one last season, he returned in the role of Technical Manager. A graduate in Recreation & Tourism Management, he worked for five years teaching snowboarding and on Ski Patrol at the Sheffield Ski Village, followed by three seasons in Colorado and even a short spell working in a ski resort in South Africa.
A few facts about John
- Skier/snowboarder - Snowboarder
- Number of seasons - 3 - all in Keystone, CO
- Number of resorts visited - 60
- My top 5 resorts - Morzine, Whistler, Les Arcs, Heavenly & Keystone
- Next on the list - La Clusaz
- Favourite non-ski destination - San Francisco & Guatemala
- Other interests - Cycling, gym, DIY, movies, eating out & craft beer.
After spending two fantastic years working in France, including two winters in the Alps, Richard returned home to London with a new found passion for skiing and speaking fluent French. He joined the Erna Low sales team in 2012 and likes nothing better than to talk about ski holidays all day!
A few facts about Richard
- Skier/snowboarder - Skier
- Number of seasons - 2 - Meribel and St Jean d'Arves
- Number of resorts visited - Skied 24 resorts and visited many more
- My top 5 resorts - Meribel, Arc 1950, Val d'Isere, Whistler, Avoriaz
- Next on the list - Alpe d'Huez
- Favourite non-ski destination - South of France
- Other interests - Cricket, running, cooking, beer & sunshine.
Ollie is a placement student this year from Bournemouth University, currently studying Tourism Management. He has been a keen skier since he was very young and has travelled around Europe and America in search of the best ski regions. Ollie has been lucky enough to visit many places around the world and his dream is to work for an adventure sports company after graduating from university. He is hoping to learn many new skills during his time with Erna Low, whilst gaining more knowledge about the travel industry as a whole.
A few facts about Ollie
- Skier/ Snowboarder – Skier
- Number of Seasons – None
- Number of Resorts Visited – 11
- My Top 5 Resorts – Whistler, Val Thorens, Courchevel, Meribel, Val D’isere
- Next on the List – St Anton
- Favourite non-ski destination – New York & Los Angeles
- Other interests – Football, travelling the world, beer & music festivals.
Vanessa has worked in the ski industry for almost 20 years following a ski season in Banff, Canada. She has skied many resorts through Europe and North America and loves promoting the mountains, both as summer and a winter holiday destinations, to the UK media. Vanessa has been in PR for 15+ years, now working closely with the Erna Low team to promote their fantastic ski holidays (as well as their property developments) to the travel and adventure press.
Having started repping for Erna Low in Val Thorens in 2001, Tim has worked for us in several of the big French resorts before finally settling in Les Arcs where he is now our Overseas Manager. He liaises with our suppliers in impeccable French and ensures our customers always have an available contact.
A few facts about Tim