Self Drive Ski Packages in France
Self Drive Ski Holidays in France
Erna Low are self-drive ski holiday experts – we’ve been helping people drive to the French Alps ever since people started to see the benefits of travelling to the Alps by car. Our friendly team has the knowledge and experience to help you plan the perfect route for your next self-drive ski holiday in France.
Driving to resort is not just a low-cost way to travel; it can also be a wonderful way of extending your holiday and visiting more European destinations. The average journey time to the majority of French ski resorts is between 8-10 hours and most of the journey takes place via an excellent network of motorways.
Benefits of a Self-Drive Ski Holiday
- It can be much cheaper than flying, especially if you have your own ski equipment
- Travel when you want to – at your own pace
- Take as much luggage as you want without worrying about baggage restrictions
- Stop along the way, visiting other locations
- Arrive at your resort in comfort with no need for expensive transfers
- Travel in your own vehicle
Crossing the Channel
We recommend using Eurotunnel Le Shuttle which departs from Folkestone and travels under the channel to Calais. Eurotunnel Le Shuttle runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and the journey time is just 35 minutes!
Eurotunnel is quick and easy – simply drive into the terminal and when your train is ready you’ll be called to board. To board the train you simply drive onto the train, park and wait for the journey to start. Most people stay in their cars for the whole journey – before you know it you’ll have made the crossing.
When you book your Eurotunnel crossing with Erna Low, you automatically receive an upgrade to the Flexiplus service, giving you the added convenience of fully flexible travel and priority loading.
Eurotunnel Flexiplus includes:
- Priority boarding
- Flexible arrival and departure times
- Free access to the ‘Flexiplus’ lounge
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments
- First on / first off – beat the queues and get on the road faster!